Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pencil Monsters - sub plan

Hello!! Are you enjoying spring break? I sure am! I wanted to share some great pencil monster drawings completed by Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd graders. The instructions for the sub were simple: if a monster had a pencil, what would happen? The inspiration for this lesson came from Apex Elementary Art Blog.


  1. Did you gave the students glue the stubby pencils onto the drawing after they were finished? I need a K plan for next week and I'm thinking this might just work!!!!


    1. Hi Kim,
      Yes, the pencils were handed out at the end. I asked the sub to place the glue on the paper for the students and then the kids were able to press it into the glue. I think it's a fun lesson and the kids really enjoyed it!!!


Thank you for leaving your comments! They are greatly appreciated!!